MASON C-RE 585
The pure epoxy technology is the advanced high performance chemical anchoring technology with an outstanding chemical resistance and industrial strength. Good compound properties achieve outstanding load values, always giving professional solution for specialized applications.
MASON C-RE 585 mortar is a 2-component reaction resin mortar based on a pure epoxy and will be delivered in a exclusive 2-C cartridge system. This high performance product may be used in combination with a hand-,battery-, pneumatic tool and a static mixer. It was designed especially for the anchoring of threaded rods, reinforcing bars or internal threaded rod sleeves into concrete (also porous and light) as well as solid masonry. Based on the excellent standing behaviour the usability in combination with a special plastic sleeve in hollow material is given. MASON C-RE 585 mortar product is characterised, by a huge range of applications with an installation temperature from +5°C and a service temperature up to 72°C as well as by high chemical resistance for applications in extreme ambiences e.g. in swimming pools (chlorine) or closeness to the sea (salt). The wide range of certificates, national and international approvals, allows nearly every application.
Special Properties and Benefits
- For heavy anchoring – doweling and post-installed rebar connection
- Hammer drilled and diamond drilled holes possible
- Overhead application; waterfilled bore holes applicable
- Suitable for attachment point close to the edge, since anchoring is free of expansion forces
- Suitable for dynamic load; Cracked concrete applicable
- High-bending and pressure strength
- Strong and secure anchoring even underwater
- Mortar is water-impermeable acc. to DIN EN 12390-8
- Fire-resistance and high chemical resistance
- Low shrinkage: ideal for larger annular gap
- Low odour
- Safe for use as a component in a drinking water system
- Flexible working time at elevated temperatures
- Mechanical properties acc. to EN 196 Part1: –
- Density: 1,41 kg/ dm2
- Compressive strength: 137 N/mm2
- Bending strength: 47 N/mm2
- Dynamic modulus of elasticity: 3240 N/mm2
- Resealable cartridge: can be reused up to the end of the shelf life
Approvals and Achievements
European Technical Approval
ETA -14/0206 for C-RE is a European approval acc. to EN 206:2000-12 in cracked and uncracked concrete (Option 1 and 7) for a bonded anchor (injection type) with anchor rod and rebar.
ETA -14/0201 for C-RE is a European approval for post-installed rebar connection acc. to EN 206-1:2000 and Eurocode 2 design method.
Centre Scientifique et Technique du Batiment (CSTB) France
C-RE is 4 hrs fire resistance tested by CSTB.
Housing & Development Board
HDB Approved Material with Tensile & Shear Test Report (Adopted ETAG 001)
International Code Council-Evaluation Service
ICC-ES for C-RE is an US approval acc. to AC 308 in concrete: ESR-2538 for a bonded anchor (injection type) with anchor rod & rebar.
National Sanitation Foundation
NSF/ANSI Standard 61 recognized C-RE is safe for use as a component in a drinking water system.
LEED and VOC Tested
LEED Green Product and Volatile Organic Compound Tested
Product Performance Verified by SETSCO Ultimate Tensile Pullout Test Report
SIRIM QAS International (Malaysia)
Product Performance Verified by SIRIM Tensile Test Report No.2012CB6972
Application and Intended Use
Cracked concrete, non-cracked concrete, light-concrete, porous-concrete, solid masonry, natural stone; hammer drilled and diamond drilled holes
Threaded rods (zinc plated or hot dip, stainless steel and high corrosion resistance steel), reinforcing bars, internal threaded rods, profiled rod, steel section with undercuts (e.g. perforated section)
+5°C up to +40°C temperature of the base material; cartridge temperature min. +5°C; optimal +20°C; -40°C to+72°C base material temperature after full curing
C-RE 385ml C-RE 585ml Special Static Nozzle Universal Dispenser
(Pure Epoxy 3:1)
Blower Plastic/Steel Wire Brush Threaded Rod
(Chemical Bolt & Nut)
C-RE 585 Tensile Pull-Out Test Method
1) Place the loading frame over the rebar/ threaded rod anchor to be tested.
2) For threaded rod testing, connect the coupler with high tensile threaded rod to the anchor to be tested.
3) Place the suitable hollow plunger cylinder on the frame and through the rebar/ anchor.
4) For rebar testing, assemble the rebar wedge c/w wedge blocks on the set up. Apply a firm tap on the wedge to have full engagement of the rebar.
5) Connect the hydraulic hand pump, pressure gauge and hose assembly and then check for the leakages.
6) Apply the load gradually to the required proof load (design load for non-destructive testing) or ultimate load (for destructive testing).
7) Observe the mode of failure.
8) Record the achieved load and mode of failure.
C-RE 585 with Rebar Testing
Common Rebar Failure Modes
C-RE 585 with Threaded Rod Testing
Common Anchor Failure Modes
*General possible causes:
- Improper hole cleaning method
- Improper mixing of resin & hardener
- Insufficient chemical amount
- Insufficient curing time
- Insufficient embedment depth
Pure Epoxy Chemical Injection Anchor Comparison Chart
|Mason C-RE||Hilti RE500||Hilti RE500SD||Fischer FIS EM||Spit Reo 502||Dewalt Pure150 Pro||Dewalt Pure110 Pro||MKT VME||Multifix MF-EX1||Azfast ST29||Ramset G5||Mason MCA-PE3|
|Resin: Hardener Ratio||3:1||3:1||3:1||3:1||1:1||3:1||1:1||3:1||3:1||1:1||1:1||1:1|
|ETA Option 1 – Cracked Concrete||✓||×||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||×||×|
|ETA Option 7 – Non-cracked Concrete||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||×||×|
|Singapore HDB Approved||✓||✓||×||✓||✓||×||×||✓||✓||✓||×||×|
|Singapore Setsco Tested||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Fire Rated||4 hrs||4 hrs||4 hrs||4 hrs||4 hrs||2 hrs||2 hrs||2 hrs||4 hrs||4 hrs||4 hrs||4 hrs|
|Wet / Underwater Hole Applicable||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Creep Test (Long Term 50 Years)||AC 308||AC 308||AC 308||AC 308||AC 308||No Info.||No Info.||No Info.||No Info.||No Info.||AC 58||AC 308|
|Working Time @ 30oC (32oC for G5)||20 mins||20 mins||20 mins||7 mins||8 mins||20 mins||20 mins||20 mins||20 mins||15 mins||8.5 mins||25 mins|
|Full Cure Time @ 30oC (32oC for G5)||6 hrs||8 hrs||8 hrs||5 hrs||6 hrs||6 hrs||6 hrs||6 hrs||6 hrs||4 hrs||2 hrs||7 hrs|
|Shelf Life||24 mths||12 mths||12 mths||24 mths||24 mths||24 mths||24 mths||No Info.||18 mths||18 mths||18 mths||24 mths|
|Resealable Hard Cartridge||✓||×||×||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|UV Resistance Cartridge||✓||✓||✓||×||×||✓||✓||×||×||×||✓||✓|
|Major Track Record in Singapore||✓||✓||✓||✓||×||×||×||×||✓||×||✓||✓|
|Content Volume||585 ml||330 ml / 500ml||330 ml / 500ml||390ml / 585ml||600 ml||585 ml||620 ml||585 ml||585 ml||600 ml||650 ml||650 ml|
|Note:||Best Overall||no Option 1||no HDB
|no HDB approval||no HDB
|no software||Low viscosity||short working